Wednesday, March 08, 2006

More Pies.


Today's lunch was once again pies, this time courtesy of the bakery in the small gold mining/panning town of Arrowtown just outside Queenstown...were there too many towns in that sentence?

The simply delicious pies were filled with lamb and mint and vennison respectively.

I would love to bring a huge supply of pies home with me to keep the loafers going for a few days but I fear a 24hr journey on 2 different planes may leave them somewhat flattened - a bit like the possums that went in them.

After eating the pies we went on a jet boat hurtling through Shotover canyon which was a great experience, yet my one regret is that I didn't have a pie to eat on the boat with me then I could've been like that fat kid on the rollercoaster on Jim'll Fix It.

No comments: